POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Math help needed please. : Re: Math help needed please. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math help needed please.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Apr 1999 19:46:39
Message: <371BB225.808E7997@aol.com>
Ah ha. I was trying to rescale the sphere vertically while rotating and
keeping it lengthwise in the vertical. Then as it moved across the floor
it would grow and shrink back again as it moved upward and back down.
All wrong.
You needed an ellipse "rolling" along shorter diameter going closer then
back to starting orientation with the floor. I see now. Maybe.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe